It’s a tough economy, and you just got engaged – first off, congratulations! If you saw dollar signs instead of stars when it finally hit you that you have a wedding to plan, this article is for you. There are tons of things that you can do to help yourself save money on your wedding – we’ve got you covered. For example, the most fabulous centerpieces are the eye-catchers of the table. You may be asking yourself, “how do you create striking centerpieces for cheap?” Well, honey, here are a few helpful suggestions:
- Bigger isn’t necessarily better. Centerpieces may be the star of the linens, but they shouldn’t steal all the spotlight. Make sure that they tie in with the theme of the table, not overpower it.
- Guests enjoy edible arrangements. Place a colorful candle or table number in the middle of a bowl of fruit, silver Hershey’s kisses, or nuts. Not only will your centerpieces get the attention that they deserve, they will keep your guests from complaining while waiting for dinner to be served.
- Sentiment sells. Photos of you and your someone-to-be make excellent talking and laughing points as well as interesting centerpieces of the table. Take photos of you and your loved one holding up cut outs of numbers to let guests know what table they are sitting at. This is an extremely cute and relatively inexpensive idea.
- Match your theme with simplicity. For example, if you’re having a beach-themed wedding, place some sand, seashells, and a few candles in the middle of the table – the only thing you actually have to purchase are the candles. Collection of the sand and seashells is also a great project for the flower girls, ring bearers, and junior bridesmaids!
- Grow your own. Rustic, outdoorsy, eco-friendly/green, and bohemian are “in” right now – theme your wedding in such a fashion. Take the opportunity to develop your “love fern” with some actual planting. Flower seeds are cheap! Plant your own flowers in the months prior to the wedding and clip them before the ceremony. Put them in vases and voila! You’ve got beautiful, fresh flowers compliments of Mother Nature.
Photo Courtesy Of: WeddingChannel.com